Nick Estell - Executive Chef
from Cafe Trio
- 2# Ground Chicken Thighs
- 6 oz Chopped Chicken Livers
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup diced Carrot
- 1/2 cup diced Celery
- 1 cup diced Onion
- 2 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup Cabernet
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 XL Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- In a large sauce pot bring the olive oil to nearly smoking. Add in the ground chicken and livers and cook till nicely browned.
- Add in carrot, celery, onion, and garlic cook till onions are translucent and garlic is toasted.
- Deglaze with cabernet reduce by half.
- Add tomato paste season with salt and pepper and let cook on low flame four 45 minutes.
Prepare Pasta Dough
- Mound the flour on the middle of a wooden cutting board. Make a well in the center of the mound and add the eggs and olive oil. Using your fingers slowly begin to incorporate the flour by stirring and slowly expanding the well.
- When about half of the flour is incorporated the dough will begin to come together. At this point you can begin to knead the dough with the heels of your palms.
- Once the dough is formed lightly flour the board and continue to knead for 10 minutes.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Rolled with a pasta roller or rolling pin till very thin (slightly translucent). Cut into strips 1 in by 12 in.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente and top with sauce and poached egg.