- 1 lb chicken breast (cut into thin strips)
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil (recommended healthy high-heat friendly oil – although Chef prefers Olive Oil)
- 2 bunch green onions (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoon cooking wine (Chinese cooking wine – clear and simple)
- 2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 – 3 cups of steamed rice
1. Heat the wok or heavy frying pan. Once hot, add 2 TBL the cooking oil.
2. Add the chicken and fry until cooked thoroughly. Set the cooked chicken aside.
3. Re-heat the wok or heavy frying pan. Once hot, add the remainder of the cooking oil and when it is hot add the soy sauce, the Mirin, the cooking wine, minced garlic, and black pepper. Stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add the cooked chicken, green onions, and sesame oil. Stir for 30 seconds.
5. Serve immediately with steamed rice.